So the winter in Brisbane is pretty amazing, not so cold in comparison to much of the world. That said, at night, the houses aren’t used to winter, and neither are the people. Lucky there’s been a bit to keep me busy. A few bits of news/audio for y’all.
1) A reworking I did of Brisbane band Silver Sircus’ track I Am Going To Find You is now out, as the B-Side on the digital single of their new track I Am Going To Find You. They have a few shows coming up, and a new album out. Downloadable here.
2) A few weeks ago Ambrose Chapel and I did a split set at The Waiting Room in Brisbane. It is now available for free download at New Weird Australia.
3) I’ve recently completed some recordings at Wavelength Studios, thanks to a generous prize pack from 4ZZZ FM and Wavelength that I was fortunate enough to win for 4ZZZ Radiothon last year. Incidentally, Radiothon is on again right now, so subscribe!
The Brisbane winter really is lovely. Nights are pretty cold right now, relatively speaking, but the days are pure bliss. Sunny, warm, pretty much t-shirt weather. Great on the days when I’m not at work. Not a great deal in this update really, most of it is in the post below. Just the two things.
- My reworking of Heinz Riegler’s track Dissolve is available here, off his new album Survey #2. Out now on Someone Good and available for purchase here.
- Just the one live show for the next couple of months at this stage, playing with Canberra’s Pollen Trio at Alchemix Studios in Brisbane Friday 31 August. Info here. After that am in the States on holiday for three weeks, then see what happens when I get back. Hit me up via email with any gig/music/beer/tourist suggestions.
Quick couple of bits and pieces!
- Thursday 21.06.2012: Fete De La Musique @ St John’s Cathedral (Brisbane, Australia). with Feet Teeth. free entry, 5pm. More info here.
- Friday 29.06.2012: The Waiting Room (Brisbane, Australia). with Laneway (single launch) + The Fingers Malone Ensemble. $10, 7.30pm. More info here.
Both shows will be really enjoyable to play, and to see some music at, so come along. Am imagining they’ll be a bit different to each other too. Also have one more show in July, which I’ll be able to announce soon. After that, not sure what is coming up before a three week holiday to the States in September. Pure holiday, no gigs, which is actually quite exciting! Once back though will hopefully be doing some Australian touring in 2013 and hopefully some touring further abroad too.
In various stages of working on remixes for Heinz Riegler, Glisk, and Silver Sircus, with one or two more in the works. If any of you are reading this, soon, promise! Also, have completed remixes of Oh Ye Denver Birds and Afxjim, which will be out in one form or another sometime soon. Will let you know when.
Incrementally working on ‘the new Anonymeye album’. I’ve got some studio time up my sleeve, and am working on ideas at home. It is still a fair way off though. Fourth album syndrome? Have made/scrapped a few ideas, so when something is out it should be pretty special.
In the meantime, I’ve got a couple of contributions to cool new Perth label Twice Removed. Contributing an edited version of ‘Rendering (All Alone In The Moonlight)’ to a label compilation due for release a little later in the year, and also have just finished for mastering a short six track EP. Something a little more lo-fi than recent recordings, taking it back to a guitar/computer/processing sound, a nice little suite of complementary sounds recorded in April-May, in breaks from “album recording”. Will be out sometime later this year.
Adelaide: I’ve got some audio work playing in your city this weekend: Info below via the wonderful Jason Sweeney!
Adhocrasound 2012 line up is announced! The exciting list of contributing artists is: Tristan Louth-Robins, Pimmon, Ai Yamamoto, Anonymeye, Domenico de Clario, chalkwhitehands, Cat Hope, Catfingers, ii, Plankton, Kendall Francis, Alpen, Panoptique Electrical, Gail Priest, Ghostcircle, Lawrence English, Tom Hall, Matt P Barlow, leglesslegs, Wolfpanther, Skipism and Radioshirley. 22 tracks. 2.2 hours. Come immerse yourself at the listening station at Adhocracy – Waterside Hall – Vitalstatistix Theatre Company – this long weekend: 9-11 June. Each day from 1pm.
Whoops! Sorry about the updates. Have been laying reasonably low… working on some music for a new EP release of music… possibly to be released later this year. More news on that soon. On the live front, just the couple of shows, and a couple more in late June. Again, more news soon. In the meantime, here is an interview I did with Scene Magazine. Have a read?