- March 2014
- August 2013
- February 2013
- January 2013
- December 2012
- November 2012
- October 2012
- September 2012
- August 2012
- July 2012
- June 2012
- May 2012
- March 2012
- January 2012
- December 2011
- November 2011
- October 2011
- September 2011
- August 2011
- July 2011
- June 2011
- May 2011
- April 2011
- March 2011
- February 2011
- December 2010
- November 2010
- October 2010
- August 2010
- June 2010
- May 2010
Have been on holiday for most of September, which has been lovely. Not too much in the way of news since the last update, but here we go!
– Recorded a track at the ‘song booth’ studio at the famous Ryman Auditorium in Nashville, TN whilst on holiday. Might give it a home online sometime soon.
– A mix/mini-album/something of mine, ‘Rendering (All Alone In The Moonlight)’, a collection of sounds from 2007-2012, will be appearing on the ‘Woven’ compilation by Perth label Twice Removed, out October 1.
– Twice Removed will also be releasing a new EP of Anonymeye material, titled Six Improvisations for Computer and Guitar, later this year. More info on that soon.
– Some shows in Brisbane in November. More details TBC.
So the winter in Brisbane is pretty amazing, not so cold in comparison to much of the world. That said, at night, the houses aren’t used to winter, and neither are the people. Lucky there’s been a bit to keep me busy. A few bits of news/audio for y’all.
1) A reworking I did of Brisbane band Silver Sircus’ track I Am Going To Find You is now out, as the B-Side on the digital single of their new track I Am Going To Find You. They have a few shows coming up, and a new album out. Downloadable here.
2) A few weeks ago Ambrose Chapel and I did a split set at The Waiting Room in Brisbane. It is now available for free download at New Weird Australia.
3) I’ve recently completed some recordings at Wavelength Studios, thanks to a generous prize pack from 4ZZZ FM and Wavelength that I was fortunate enough to win for 4ZZZ Radiothon last year. Incidentally, Radiothon is on again right now, so subscribe!
The Brisbane winter really is lovely. Nights are pretty cold right now, relatively speaking, but the days are pure bliss. Sunny, warm, pretty much t-shirt weather. Great on the days when I’m not at work. Not a great deal in this update really, most of it is in the post below. Just the two things.
- My reworking of Heinz Riegler’s track Dissolve is available here, off his new album Survey #2. Out now on Someone Good and available for purchase here.
- Just the one live show for the next couple of months at this stage, playing with Canberra’s Pollen Trio at Alchemix Studios in Brisbane Friday 31 August. Info here. After that am in the States on holiday for three weeks, then see what happens when I get back. Hit me up via email with any gig/music/beer/tourist suggestions.
Hibernating a little bit this winter, or at least it feels like it. Saving up for a long awaited holiday (no shows!) to the States in September, which is exciting.
Live: Had all these plans to avoid playing live between tomorrow’s duel/vs/funtimes set with Ambrose Chapel (see live page for more info) and the trip, but I couldn’t say no to something on 31 August, just before I head off. A show with a great band from Canberra. More info soon.
Releases: I’m included on the new Strain of Origin compilation, a great collaboration between the Feral Media and Lofly labels. The idea of Strain of Origin is that a heap of musicians rework/remix each others tracks. I’ve fooled around with an AFXJIM track, and Alpen has reworked Meritocracy from my Anontendre album. This album has heaps of great tracks by wonderful Australian musicians, and is a free download. Go on! Otherwise I’m working on a few remixes (Silver Sircus) and compilation tracks (Feral Media, Twice Removed), and have sent off a small suite of songs for mastering. Something that came together quickly but pleasantly, and will be out on the Twice Removed label from Perth late this year or early next.
Wow. Not quite so lazy as I thought. That’s a positive!
Quick couple of bits and pieces!
- Thursday 21.06.2012: Fete De La Musique @ St John’s Cathedral (Brisbane, Australia). with Feet Teeth. free entry, 5pm. More info here.
- Friday 29.06.2012: The Waiting Room (Brisbane, Australia). with Laneway (single launch) + The Fingers Malone Ensemble. $10, 7.30pm. More info here.
Both shows will be really enjoyable to play, and to see some music at, so come along. Am imagining they’ll be a bit different to each other too. Also have one more show in July, which I’ll be able to announce soon. After that, not sure what is coming up before a three week holiday to the States in September. Pure holiday, no gigs, which is actually quite exciting! Once back though will hopefully be doing some Australian touring in 2013 and hopefully some touring further abroad too.
In various stages of working on remixes for Heinz Riegler, Glisk, and Silver Sircus, with one or two more in the works. If any of you are reading this, soon, promise! Also, have completed remixes of Oh Ye Denver Birds and Afxjim, which will be out in one form or another sometime soon. Will let you know when.
Incrementally working on ‘the new Anonymeye album’. I’ve got some studio time up my sleeve, and am working on ideas at home. It is still a fair way off though. Fourth album syndrome? Have made/scrapped a few ideas, so when something is out it should be pretty special.
In the meantime, I’ve got a couple of contributions to cool new Perth label Twice Removed. Contributing an edited version of ‘Rendering (All Alone In The Moonlight)’ to a label compilation due for release a little later in the year, and also have just finished for mastering a short six track EP. Something a little more lo-fi than recent recordings, taking it back to a guitar/computer/processing sound, a nice little suite of complementary sounds recorded in April-May, in breaks from “album recording”. Will be out sometime later this year.
Adelaide: I’ve got some audio work playing in your city this weekend: Info below via the wonderful Jason Sweeney!
Adhocrasound 2012 line up is announced! The exciting list of contributing artists is: Tristan Louth-Robins, Pimmon, Ai Yamamoto, Anonymeye, Domenico de Clario, chalkwhitehands, Cat Hope, Catfingers, ii, Plankton, Kendall Francis, Alpen, Panoptique Electrical, Gail Priest, Ghostcircle, Lawrence English, Tom Hall, Matt P Barlow, leglesslegs, Wolfpanther, Skipism and Radioshirley. 22 tracks. 2.2 hours. Come immerse yourself at the listening station at Adhocracy – Waterside Hall – Vitalstatistix Theatre Company – this long weekend: 9-11 June. Each day from 1pm.
Whoops! Sorry about the updates. Have been laying reasonably low… working on some music for a new EP release of music… possibly to be released later this year. More news on that soon. On the live front, just the couple of shows, and a couple more in late June. Again, more news soon. In the meantime, here is an interview I did with Scene Magazine. Have a read?