Oh hey, 2012! A bit of a delay there… have spent the last month coming down from the awesome Frank Fairfield shows (great guy, wonderful spellbinding music!), re-arranging the studio a bit, and watching some cricket and catching up on sleep.
A new year though, with a few bits and pieces of note from the immediate/present/future.
1) Shows: After not spending so much time playing in Brisbane last year, it’s nice to continue to play some more shows here over summer. Three shows coming up:
- Monday 23.01.12: Ric’s (Brisbane, Australia). with Laura Escudé [USA]. free entry, 8pm. More info here. I’m putting on this show under the Micronations banner, for excellent American violinist/electronics whiz Laura Escudé. She’s in Australia this month playing with Kanye West, and is playing a very special solo headline show in Brisbane. Free entry, a special overseas guest, an excuse to go out on Monday – awesome.
- Wednesday 25.01.12: Sonic Masala @ The Waiting Room (Brisbane, Australia). with Do The Robot + Keep On Dancin’s + Bottlecock. More info here. One of my favourite blogs from anywhere happens to be Sonic Masala, from Brisbane. Brendan’s a great dude, and has kindly asked me to play his most recent Sonic Masala gig. Public holiday eve, great venue, cheap entry – awesome.
- Friday 03.02.12: The Bridge Club (Brisbane, Australia). with Oliver Tank [NSW, album launch] + Oh Ye Denver Birds. Presales $10+bf, door sales TBA. More info here. Sydney’s Oliver Tank is really something special – and this EP launch should definitely be a goodun’. Both him and Oh Ye Denver Birds are destined for big things, so get in now. Presented by Silo, a great crew of Brisbaneites doing some really interesting and proactive musical things at present.
2) Weeklybeats: Weeklybeats is an online ‘challenge’ where musicians aim to quickly write/upload one track a week, for a whole year. I’m taking part in it, not likely to be a whole lot of ‘beats’, but you never know. Will be interesting to see what happens over the next year. There’ll likely be some differences from Anonymeye material to date as a result, but we’ll see how it all goes down. Anonymeye tracks here.
3) Demarchy: video clip and EP: Late last year I made a video clip and compiled a companion EP to Anontendre, my album from last year released on Someone Good (which is still available for a sweet price from the Room40 store). This companion EP contains the track Demarchy from the album, plus three non-album tracks (including an instrumental tribute to dynamo Australian batsman Usman Khawaja, and a re-mastered version of my favourite track from a split cassette on the BSR label from a couple of years back).
The Demarchy EP is FREE and is available here or here. There’s also a short video I made for Demarchy on vimeo.